Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Crispy Cheesy Chicken Wraps

Easy: Yes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Last minute: Yes

I made these for lunch yesterday and today and dinner last night. I liked them that much! And, these are very adaptable given whatever you have in your fridge. I think this is more of a meal idea than it is a recipe. It's a crispy tortilla stuffed with whatever suits your fancy or have in the fridge or pantry! I modified the flavors from meal to meal and person to person without any added fuss or muss. And, they warm up very nicely for leftovers for the next meal.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps from My Kitchen Cafe

I made these for me yesterday at lunch using cooked chicken, cooked rice, shredded cheese, sour cream,  rooster sauce, chili powder and cumin. I just mixed all that together in a bowl, then wrapped it in a tortilla. Lovely. I poured a dab of olive oil on the griddle over medium high heat, put the tortilla seam side down on the preheated griddle, flipped once after about 2.5 minutes, cooked on the other side for another 2.5 minutes.

I had leftovers for dinner and made another wrap for the youngest. His just had chicken and cheese. And, he loved it. And, I made them again today for lunch. I used chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro for my husband. And to that mixture, I added some tabasco, kidney beans, chili powder and cumin. Again, loveliness. The whole experience took about 10 minutes from beginning to end.

Goes well with: By itself!

Did they eat it? Yes, and they liked it. I haven't tried it on the oldest yet, and he does seem to be the pickiest lately. But, I think if I add some chili powder and cumin to his and call it a taco, he'll think it's the best thing ever.

0 comments: