Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick OMG THIS IS GOOD Pasta

Easy: Yes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Last minute: Yes

This is more of a meal idea than a recipe. If you have pasta on hand, you can whip this up in about 3 minutes. It's good for an individual lunch or you can feed the whole family. And, it's freakin' fantastic! I really love this pasta! It is not good for you, though. I don't want to pretend it is...

The sauce consists of butter, garlic, sour cream and lemon. You can dress it up with some parsley thrown on top. Here's what you do. Scale up or down as needed.  I adapted my recipe from the pioneerwoman:  Baked Lemon Pasta*

Ingredients for 1 to 2 servings:

  • 2 tbs butter
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (yogurt curdles, so don't bother!)
  • 2 cups of cooked pasta (I like Pasta PLUS elbow pasta from Barilla)
  • 1 to 2 tsp minced garlic
  • Juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in a skillet until it just starts to brown.
  2. Add garlic and saute for a minute or so.
  3. Add sour cream. Stir until saucy.
  4. Add lemon, and stir until fully incorporated.
  5. Add pasta and stir until well coated.
  6. Top with chopped fresh parsley.

Goo-ood!

Goes well with: I eat it all by itself!

Did they eat it? The kids don't love this. They'd rather have mac and cheese from the box. This is too close to that and they start remembering what they are missing and just don't eat it. I do love it for a quick lunch, and my husband loves it, too.

*My husband and I liked this, though we liked it unbaked even better.  The kids didn't like it.  The sauce became one with the noodle which is a wonderful experience all by itself.  But, the sauce is so decadent, I just like to enjoy it right on top of the pasta.

0 comments: